Eve 10 year mattress warranty
We are proud to offer a 10 Year warranty on our mattress as it meets the highest standards for domestic use. Please note that this warranty is provided free of charge and in addition to the rights given to you by the law. The warranty starts on the date of delivery of the mattress and lasts until the end of 10 years from that date. Our 10 year mattress warranty is governed by and subject to the terms and conditions stated below.
So …what does the warranty cover?
This warranty covers the following defects in materials and workmanship of an evo mattress that has only been under normal usage and proper care in accordance with Eve Guidance and FAQ.
- Spring unit failure.
- Side stitching coming apart.
- Deterioration which causes the mattress to have a visible indentation or sag greater than 2.5cm, as long as that indentation or sag has not resulted from use of an improper or unsupportive foundation as described in the evo FAQ.
- Any physical flaw in the mattress that causes the foam material to split or crack, as long as the mattress has not been handled improperly.
- Concerning the mattress cover only, any manufacturing defect in the zipper assembly or the fabric of the mattress cover. As noted below, a defect relating to the mattress cover alone will not entitle you to a replacement evo mattress, just the cover itself.
And …what the warranty does not cover?
By way of example of what is not covered, please see the following list (although there can be other things too which are not covered):
- Our mattresses are designed to work to their optimum levol when paired with an evo bedframe. A mattress which fails having been used on a non-compatible base as described in the FAQs, or a bedstead where the gaps between the slats are greater than 75mm. will not be protected under the terms of this warranty. 75mm is the max size between slats recommended for use by the National Bed Federation (NBF)
- Products which have not been maintained in accordance with washing and/or care instructions supplied.
- Comfort preference.
- Use other than normal domestic use.
- Physical abuse or damage to the mattress which causes defects such as burns, cuts, tears, liquid damage or stains.
- Mould, dirt or smells resulting from poor mattress care. More information can be found in the FAQs.
- Normal wear and tear that occurs under standard domestic use and handling.
- Any claim made other than for the benefit of the original purchaser.
- Replacement of an evo mattress due to defective cover. If you purchase a mattress and only the cover is defective (and not the mattress), we will only replace the cover and not the whole mattress.
- Any mattress (whether manufactured by Eve or not) sold by a reseller who is not an authorised evo sleep reseller at the time of purchase.
- Any mattress not opened within one month of the date of delivery.
- Any mattress sold “as-is”, “preconditioned”, “reconditioned”, “used”, “comfort return”, “returned”, “previously owned”, or any other similar wording indicating that the mattress is not “new” or of “first quality”, or has previously been purchased or used by someone else.
- We reserve the right to refuse to collect and/or dispose of any unsanitary mattress.
- Any claim against this warranty that is not made by contacting the evo customer support team ([email protected]/0208 036 5535)
If you believo there is a defect which is covered by this warranty, you should email our evo customer support team, with proof of purchase, to [email protected] Our team will send you questions and photographs instructions which you are required to complete in order to open a warranty claim. Failure to answer or send photographs for the warranty claim may result in a delay or closing of your warranty case. Our production team may decide to have your mattress returned to us (evo will cover the shipping and return costs that would incur) for further evaluation by evo. Any evidence we receive regarding the potential warranty claim will be cross-examined and evaluated by evo. When we have received the evidence that is required, we will decide at our sole, reasonable discretion if your claim is covered under the warranty.
If you have a successful warranty claim, we will either repair or replace with the same or comparable mattress at our cost. If you have a valid claim under the warranty and you want to replace a defective mattress with a more expensive evo mattress, then please email the evo customer support team at [email protected] In these circumstances, you will be required to pay the difference between the original list price of the mattress and the list price of the upgrade mattress at the time of the upgrade. Please note that delivery of replaced or repaired mattresses is only available to the country to which the original order was delivered. With our warranty, this does not include the right to a refund. The warranty only covers replacements, repairs and upgrades of successful warranty claims.
We have the right to send an independent third party assessment specialist, if we are unable to identify the initial issue reported by yourself. We can also send the independent third party assessment specialist upon your request at our cost. These technicians are fully trained and qualified to test for any manufacturing faults that are covered under your 10-year warranty. They will complete a careful inspection of your mattress and produce a full report. Please be aware that evo makes the final decision based on the independent 3rd party recommendation on whether a mattress is defective and qualifies for repair or replacement. evo therefore reserves the right to not offer a replacement or repair if the assessment concludes that the product is clearly not defective.
You have a right to have alternative testing conducted on your mattress if you decide. Howevor, any assessment or testing reports given to us as evidence of a product defect will need to be fully disclosed to evo before assessment takes place. They must be undertaken by either a UKAS accredited test lab or a NBF member for the final report to be accepted. We will reimburse you for any reasonable costs of return shipping and any associated testing costs incurred by you (subject to you providing adequate proof and a report from a UKAS accredited service or NBF member) and ship the repaired or replaced mattress back to you at our cost.
Once evo has taken a decision there can be no further claim considered for the next 6 months. If you would wish to dispute evo’s decision on your warranty claim, you are free to seek further advice from the Furniture Ombudsman.